Sutter Coast Hospital Upgrades to Electronic Health Record
Crescent City, Calif. – Sutter Coast Hospital has successfully implemented a new electronic health record (EHR), called Sutter EHR.
Sutter EHR gives providers immediate access to a patient’s Sutter Health medical information, including medical history, allergies, medications and test results, enabling Sutter Coast teams to provide a higher quality of care. This single, secure medical record enables clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions.
“Our priority is always quality and safe patient care,” said Rose Corcoran, R.N., Sutter Coast Hospital’s chief nurse executive. “Sutter EHR allows our care teams to have critical information right at their fingertips, even when a patient may forget or cannot speak for themselves.”
In order to implement Sutter EHR, physicians, nurse and staff prepared for several months to ensure an easy transition from paper to computerized records.
“I want to commend our care teams throughout the hospital,” said Corcoran. “Transitioning to a new medical record system is complex and challenging; but it’s gone very well, thanks to the dedication and hard work of our staff.”
Additional features of Sutter EHR include:
- Automatic cross-checks of any new medications being considered for treatment. This helps ensure no negative interactions with a patient’s allergies or existing medications.
- Quicker access to test results among caregivers, even in different locations.
- Sutter EHR is compatible with many other health system’s electronic records, such as Kaiser Permanente, UC medical systems, Stanford and more.
- Patient privacy protection includes a feature that monitors who has accessed each patient record.
- Streamlined communication between physicians and the hospital’s care teams and reinforcement of treatment best practices.
- My Health Online, our web and smart phone app that patients can use to view their Sutter Health record including lab and imaging results and read their discharge instructions online.
For more information regarding Sutter Coast Hospital or its health care services, please visit www.SutterCoast.org or call 707- 464-8511.